Sunday, May 10, 2009

Doublewide Grill

There is a restaurant in Pittsburgh's Southside that I had been meaning to go to for a while. My boyfriend and I finally went, and it was awesome! They serve you your food on metal trays, and for about $15 you get 5 different things! The best thing on the menu is the Pineapple-Rum Sauce they put on their tilapia... I don't eat fish, but I tried a tiny bit of my boyfriend's and it was crazy good, I am going to try to re-create the recipe with this one I found online:

Pineapple Rum Glaze

2 tablespoons butter
1 small red onion, diced
2 shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup grilled pineapple, diced small
1/4 cup honey
3 ounces dark rum
1/2 cup pineapple juice
4 green onions, chopped
lemon or lime pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil

In a saucepot over medium heat, add the butter, red onion, shallots and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes until the onions are soft, but not brown. Add the grilled pineapple, honey, dark rum, pineapple juice and green onions. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and set aside.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.


1 comment:

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit for additional information or contact me at for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.